Vote for your favourite hero
Help us to determine our Community Choice winner and vote now!
Our judges have selected 10 outstanding finalists – but we are now handing the power to you…
Each of our inspiring finalists have gone above and beyond for their fellow South Australians. We encourage you to read their stories of contribution and vote for your favourite hero today. It only takes one minute to vote!
Terms and conditions
In these Terms and Conditions:
- Heroes Awards means the campaign of that name promoted by Statewide Super and described in these Terms and Conditions.
- Statewide Super means Statewide Superannuation Pty Ltd ABN 62 008 099 223, RSE Licensee and Trustee of Statewide Superannuation Trust ABN 54 145 196 298 (the promoter of the Heroes Awards).
- A reference to a time is to the time in Adelaide, South Australia.
- A reference to $ is to Australian currency.
Conditions of entry:
1. Statewide Super directors, staff and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Heroes Awards (whether as nominator, nominee or by voting).
2. Entries must be received by 5.00pm Friday, 3 March 2017.
3. Entries that fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, or that are late, incomprehensible or incomplete, will be deemed invalid.
4. All nominees must be
a. South Australian residents of good character
b. have carried out the nominated activities in South Australia
c. be an individual (groups and couples are not eligible to be nominated together); and
d. be alive at the time of nomination (awards will not be granted posthumously).
5. The total prize pool is $7,000.
6. Two prizes will be awarded as follows:
a. Heroes Major Award – $4,000 plus $1,000 to a charity/organisation of their choice
b. Heroes Community Choice Award – $2,000
The application process:
7. To enter the Heroes Awards, the nominator is required to complete and submit an entry form via www.statewide.com.au/heroes. Self nominations are both permissible and welcome.
8. Entries are treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be published on Statewide Super’s website and social media platforms and in its communications.
9. Each nominee will be assessed on the extent to which he or she has:
a. provided physical, emotional or psychological support to a community member/s;
b. displayed commitment to the health and wellbeing of a community member/s;
c. demonstrated an act of courage or exceptional judgment;
d. acted without remuneration or personal gain; and
e. gone over and above what a ‘reasonable person’ is expected to do.
10. Statewide Super will select the top 30 nominees (each a Semi-Finalist).
11. A judging panel (comprised of 5 individuals nominated by Statewide Super) will then select:
a. the top 10 Semi-Finalists (each a Finalist); and
b. the Heroes Awards winner from among the Finalists.
12. The outcome of the panel’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. Each Finalist:
a. will be contacted by phone or email on or before Tuesday, 14 March 2017; and
b. must confirm their eligibility to participate in the Heroes Awards, give their consent to Statewide Super to use photographs, sound and video footage of them and agree to these terms and conditions (in each case by signing the ‘Nominee Acceptance Form’ provided to the Finalist by Statewide Super).
14. If a Finalist fails to provide a signed Nominee Acceptance Form to Statewide Super prior to 5pm Tuesday, 14 March 2017, the Finalist may be disqualified and an alternate nominee selected by Statewide Super to take his or her place.
Heroes Community Choice Award
15. Finalists will be promoted to the general public via email, social media and Statewide Super’s website. Voting for the Heroes Community Choice Award will be conducted via Woobox and open from 9.00am Wednesday, 15 March to 5pm Friday, 24 March 2017.
16. The Community Choice Award will be awarded to:
a. the Finalist with the most votes as at 5pm Friday, 24 March 2017 (provided that he or she is not subsequently awarded the Heroes Major Award); or
b. the Finalist with the next most votes as at 5pm Friday, 24 March 2017 (if the Finalist with the most votes is subsequently awarded the Heroes Major Award and/or fails to attend the Awards Ceremony).
17. The Heroes Community Choice Award winner and Heroes Major Award winner will be:
a. announced at an event on the evening of Tuesday, 28 March 2017 (Awards Ceremony); and
b. named on Statewide Super’s website on Wednesday, 29 March 2017.
18. If a Finalist fails to attend the Awards Ceremony, Statewide Super may disqualify him or her.
19. Statewide Super is collecting nominators and nominees’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting the Heroes Awards.
20. Personal information may be:
a. disclosed to representatives of Statewide Super and to individuals assisting Statewide Super administer the Heroes Awards; and
21. Statewide Super may, in its absolute discretion, at any time and without prior notice:
a. vary any of these terms and conditions;
b. terminate the Heroes Awards; and/or
c. disqualify a nominee, Finalist or winner.
22. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Statewide Super excludes liability for any claims in
connection with the exercise of its rights pursuant to paragraph 21, the Heroes Awards and the
lateness or loss of an entry or Nominee Acceptance Form.
23. Each nominator and nominee indemnifies Statewide Super and its officers and employees in respect of, and must pay on demand, any loss incurred or suffered in connection with the Heroes Awards.
Help us recognise South Australian heroes
As a proud South Australian industry fund, Statewide Super is passionate about its local community. And we know there are so many South Australians giving their time and energy to improve the lives of their fellow locals.
That’s why we’re recognising the people who make SA a better place to live. And we want your help.
The Statewide Super Heroes Awards celebrates the extraordinary contributions that everyday local heroes make to this great state.
Watch the video below to see how the Statewide Super Heroes Awards is giving back to the community by helping our everyday heroes to continue their life-changing work.