Income Protection Insurance
|The information on this page is for StatewideSuper Marketlink members (formerly Local Super members).|
Income Protection protects you and your family by providing an insured benefit when you need it most. If you can't work due to injury or illness, your mortgage, bills and expenses still need to be paid.
Key criteria include:
- Income Protection is optional for Marketlink members and subject to the insurer's requirements (including evidence of health)
- You must have Death and TPD Cover to be eligible for Income Protection
- For Marketlink members, cover is in units of $500 per month subject to a minimum of two units per month, meaning the minimum cover that can be purchased is $1,000 per month ($12,000 pa)
- Cover is subject to a maximum benefit of the lesser of 75% of salary or $20,000 per month
- A 90 day waiting period applies
- Maximum payment period of 24 months
- Proof of hours worked will be required when you lodge a claim.
For details regarding the exclusions and acceptance criteria that apply please refer to the Marketlink Product Disclosure Statement.
Income Protection Insurance premiums for Marketlink members are listed in the Fact Sheet FS15 -Insurance - Marketlink.
Call our friendly Client Services team on 1300 65 18 65 if you have any questions or want to increase your cover.
For personalised advice tailored to your needs, consider talking to a Financial Planner*.
*Financial planning services may be provided by authorised representatives of the Fund's Administrator and wholly owned company, Statewide Financial Management Services Limited, ABN 69 092 109 209 Australian Financial Services Licence No. 239063 or in their capacity as authorised representatives of Quadrant First Pty Ltd (Quadrant First) ABN 78 102 167 877 AFSL No. 284443. Fees may apply for financial planning advice.